If you’re like many people considering hiring a wedding planner, there are a lot of factors to consider. Is it worth it? Can you squeeze it into your budget? Who is best fit for your special day? All of these questions (and more) are extremely important to ensuring you get the most for your money and everything is organized. After all, you don’t want to worry about your planner not covering things you thought they would, or being let down throughout the process. By emailing, conducting a phone (or in-person) interview, and getting a written proposal of an itemized plan of what is included, you and your partner will elevate any stress that goes into finding your dream wedding planner.
MONEY & LOGISTICS
Get the hard conversations over with first, then you can really decide if it is a match!
- What types of services do you offer and at what price point?
- Are you willing to create a personalized package to accommodate our wedding planner budget?
- Are there any additional fees (outside the ones listed) that we will be charged for?
- Do you take a commission or discount from any of the vendors you would refer us to?
- How much of a deposit is required to book your services? 50-percent When is the final payment due?
- Will you be able to guide me in the direction of where we should increase/decrease our budget?
- Do we need to pay our vendors directly, or do we pay you and you handle it?
- How many people on your team will be at our wedding?
SERVICES & VENDOR RELATIONSHIPS
Understand who your planner works with and what exact aspects they will be planning.
- How long after we sign a contract with you that we begin kicking off plans? What does the process look like?
- How many different quotes from vendors will you be providing us? Is it a set number (say 3 florists that fit within budget, and we choose from one of the three quotes you’ve supplied us with?) Or is it more along the lines of until we find exactly what we need?
- Do you only work with specific vendors? If so, please provide them to us.
- Do you also plan additional wedding events surrounding the our day, like the morning after brunch?
- In case of emergency and you cannot attend our wedding, who will be there in your place?
EXPERIENCE, PERSONALITY MATCH & STYLE
Next to your fiancé, your wedding planner will be there the whole way. Be sure you vibe well!
- Have you ever worked at a venue with the same style and layout as our venue?
- Can you elaborate on your experience and amount of weddings you have under your belt?
- How often would you like to meet in person together? At what frequency will you be contacting us?
- How many weddings will you be coordinating during the same month?
- What are some ideas you have for pulling off our dream wedding?
- What is your favorite aspect of weddings? Are there any particular things you love the most?
When it’s all said and done, having a planner will ultimately be one of your memories that will leave big impact. By interviewing and getting excited about your planner, it will ensure the impact is positive, not negative! When it comes time to send out invites, I urge you to check out the lovely designs and self addressing services provided by Minted! They have both wonderful trendy and classic designs to fit any style.
Until Next Wedding Wednesday…
Like this guide? Pin it and take it with you!
Photography by Studio Bicyclette